In memory of Pietro Ferri
The Italian Heritage Society of Indiana is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the values and traditions of their Italian heritage.
To encourage educational advancement and career development within its community, IHSI sponsors a scholarship program awarding up to $5,000 to assist students who wish to pursue higher education.
To be eligible for an IHSI scholarship, the applicant should:
1. Be a high school senior or a recent high school graduate.
2. Be of Italian ancestry and be able to identify his/her Italian ancestor(s)
3. Scholarships may be awarded only to candidates whose parents have been members for the previous year, and are the holders of a current “FULLY PAID FAMILY MEMBERSHIP” as of March 1st of the year in which the candidate makes application to be considered for an award. Provided, however a candidate whose parents are deceased but who did in any prior year hold a fully paid family membership may also be eligible and shall receive consideration.
4. Each applicant for an award shall submit with their application the name(s) of the IHSI member upon whom they base their eligibility. In the event a candidate is deemed ineligible, the Committee shall notify the candidate in writing.
5. The Committee shall be the sole judge of the eligibility for an award and for the making of awards. The amount of the award shall also be at the sole discretion of the Committee.
6. Any IHSI member who feels aggrieved by a declaration of ineligibility shall, within no more than ten (10) days after the candidate is notified present in writing to the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee his request for consideration and shall receive a notice of the decision of the Committee.
7. Submit an essay to the scholarship committee entitled:
“Why should we have an Italian Heritage Society?”
Application forms are available here . The application and essay should be sent by April 19, 2019 to:
Matthew Iaria, Chairman Scholarship Committee
4440 Ingleside Ln.
Indianapolis, In. 46227